A top quality chorizo will never let you down when you try new things in the kitchen. Today’s suggestion is such a simple recipe what you will put hands to it as soon as you are done reading. These delicious potatoes stuffed with first-class chorizo will surely surprise your guests, who are more than likely to ask you for the recipe. Here you are!
Never before did potatoes find such a match
Everybody likes potatoes! Ever since Columbus’ discovery of America, when he brought back some of Europe’s most popular-to-be food basics, potato has been one of the ingredients par excellence in our cuisine. Both as a side dish in a main course or as the star of a combination plate, its cooking possibilities are endless. We have chosen baked potatoes, as they keep all their properties and taste. The spice in this recipe is the stuffing with a world-class Chorizo Riojano IGP–an original way to combine two ingredients that are made to match. Simply irresistible!
Recipe of stuffed potatoes with chorizo
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes + oven time
4 désirée potatoes
2 tablespoons of butter
100g Riojan chorizo
150g grated Gouda cheese
70g sour cream
1 handful of freshly chopped spring onion (green bit only)
- Preheat oven at 400ºF (200ºC).
- Punch the potatoes with a fork, wrap them in aluminum foil and bake for approx. 50 minutes. (Or until they feel soft when pricked with a stick)
- Cut the potatoes in halves and empty them with a spoon. You can keep this pulp for another recipe, such as mashed potatoes or gnocchi.
- Spread melted butter over the potato skin and season with salt and pepper.
- Place Gouda cheese in these little potato bowls, spread minced chorizo over it and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, decorate with sour cream and top with chopped spring onion.